Friday 25 January 2013

Hello.

The Derma Project.

Moderate Acne.


Thousands of $$$$ Wasted.


I genuinely want to help people with their acne and problems with their skin so I've come up with The Derma Project. I want to help people, male or female so that they can make an informed decision on which products to buy and what to avoid. I've tried many "systems" that have failed me and now I've decided to blog about my experiences to help others avoid making the same mistakes. Also, I've started this blog as I'm trying a new skin care regimen. The brands that I will be using are not well known internationally and are a lot cheaper than than anything that I've used and am using now. Here is a quick summary of what my skin is like.


Light Olive (I'm Asian), Acne Scars (Red and some pigmentation), whiteheads and always one cyst (well painful lumps under the skin, not sure if they're cysts) are on my face. And loads of blackheads are on my nose (like strawberry seeds). Huge pores around nose area and the cheeks.


As you can imagine, it ain't pretty (I'll start uploading photos once I officially start this project). So here are some quick reviews on what I've used so far.


Skinfood Mandarin and Parsley Three Step System

This range smelled absolutely divine however it did nothing for my skin. My acne progressed and it didn't get worse or better. 








Tony Moly Dr Tony AC Control Series

This range really did nothing for me, it made my acne worse. I think this would work for people with light acne as in just a few whiteheads here and there. The foam "bubble" cleanser is quite drying but the emulsion makes up for it.



Clinique Anti-Blemish

Stung like hell and ruined my skin!!! I'm such an idiot that I went through three sets of this system!!! I thought cause it was expensive that it will help my skin and that it was "purging". Boy was I wrong. My acne got worse after using this. Skin got oilier (thanks to its paint stripper toner). Clinique is an awesome brand and have some great products just avoid their toners and anti-blemish products.






Biotherm Homme T-Pur (WHITE PACKAGING Before reformulation)

I really wanted this system to work for me but it didn't help. My acne didn't get worse but nor did it get any better.




Those are my opinions on the four systems. Now everyone's skin is different so some of these products may work for you but if your skin is anything like mine save your money. Currently I'm using the Biotherm Homme White Peel system and my skin has gotten much brighter. It doesn't help with pigmentation but just overall your face becomes "brighter" not whiter but brighter. My acne has cleared up a lot thanks to the Kiehl's Dermatologist's Solutions Acne Blemish Control Daily Skin Clearing Treatment but I still get the occasional pimple and cyst. My pores are getting smaller (slowly) but they are getting smaller thanks to Clinique Pore Solutions Correcting Serum. I also use bi-weekly treatments of a masque and pore cleaner but I'll get to them later. My next post I will introduce the products I will be using. I don't plan to start my new regimen until I finish all my current products but I'll just give a quick overview. Hopefully this time next year my face will be nice and clean like baby's skin :D. 


ALL OF THE PRODUCTS MENTIONED ABOVE WERE PERSONALLY PURCHASED BY ME. I'VE DECIDED TO WRITE THIS BLOG TO GIVE ADVICE TO PEOPLE. THIS BLOG IS NOT ENDORSED BY ANY BRAND.


The Derma Project © 2013                                                       derma.project © 2013







No comments:

Post a Comment